Monday, February 13, 2023

Mackee Annual Motor Car Exhibit

The annual motor car exhibit at the Mackee Botanical Gardens is a collection of "40 favorites" automobiles from the owners' private collection. These cars are on display throughout the Garden.  

Mind you the Mackee Botaical Gardens has its own "show". But for this post I will only concentrate on the motorcar exhibits..

I am not an auto enthusiast, as far as I am concerned, they are just a necessity for mobility.

But admitetly I do admire the "old" cars. They have so much character and style. Hence, I walked and clicked on the sights that caught my eye. No particular photography style, no particular composition, just "ummm" that looks neat, "click". 

Hence, mindless clicking and enjoying the sights.

 










My favorite was the one below.  

A 1913 Case Model 30 N. It is a handsome car, beautifully restored.






 There were a limited number of motorcycles as well.




This BMW was quite unique. Its shape reminded me of my mother's Fiat 500, albeit her car was much smaller in size.






Ending this motorcar exhibit with the Lemonicello" or in this case "Lemn-Celo"...a 1961 Nash Metropolitan 1500 Convertible.

6 comments:

  1. I'm quite partial to an older which is why I run a couple. Old is relative of course and your subjects are older but nevertheless some interesting shots there. Very nice🙂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Peter. There is definitely something special about them "old" cars 😉

      Delete
  2. Love these. Of course the great lighting in Florida does no harm. I will share this with Pete. 7 my fave, love those reflections.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The reflection on #7 is what caught my eye. Then it also became clear that my uncle had one these cars, he had brought it all the way from the States to Iran. At the time I thought him to be a fool, no idea what these cars were worth except that they were OLD. Teenagers...you know no concept of the world around them 😉

      Delete
  3. Love it! The Case looks like the car Tony Curtis drove in the "Great Race" - quite a beauty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you might be right now that I think and visualize the movie. Thanks for stopping in 😉

      Delete

Followers