Monday, April 17, 2023

The Demise of an Iconic Plant.....(part 2)

 If you have not seen the previous historical information about this particular plant, please go visit this link before moving  forward. 

The history definitely builds up to what you will see in this post.

This particular post is dedicated to what I saw with my camera. 

No explanations.

No details. 

No historical commentaries.

Just .......saw

Just........ clicked

And then.....

Saw some more......

and....clicked even more!

































































































































Six of us went on this "clicking " tour and six of us came back with totally different views/perspectives.

The BEAUTY of phtography!!

6 comments:

  1. Stunning! A true tour de force, worthy of being printed in a coffee table book (Mimeo does a great job for a reasonable price). All the interior images were pin sharp, front to back, and color balance and tone were perfect. My absolute favorite was the shot through the glass tile, while the conveyor belt images were a close second.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks John. I ended up shooting 220 photos of which 150 were not binned. I fell in love with the texture of everything around the place. The peeling, the rust, the colors of walls and equipment. Some areas the light was at bare minimum and while I did have my (pain in the derrier to carry) tripod, in some instances (due to sheer lazyness of open/setup/close/move onwards) I pushed the ISO to the max and was quite surprised at how well the photos came out.

      Delete
  2. Well at least all six of you came back. I don't use this word as a general rule, as overuse by you Americans has sapped it of all meaning but here it is in it's original English/British use, awesome. Absolutely your best work to date. Sooooooo jealous and I want to be there too. But not after dark, the ghost of the Pillsbury Dough Boy would be just too scary at night. There are way too many favourites to comment on. I am definitely coming back to see them again. Grunge at it's best. I am humbled.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Gethin for your comments. The six of us made it back, but quite honestly the word barely....comes to mind. We were all exhausted...the climbs were defficult (gazzillion small narrow steps, too many of them and total darkenss in some areas).I really did not think I would like shooting this type of photos, but I was very surprise to have the opposite feeling once there. It was definitely a great experince and I would do another one if the opportunity arises.

      Delete
  3. Agree with John about the book too, was thinking it and then saw his comment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me again, yes John that glass tile was a stand out.

    ReplyDelete

Followers