Tuesday, September 6, 2022

Memories Made (part 2a)

 The first time I heard the words Pike Place Market was some 20+ years ago. My boss, at the time, had attended a conference in Seattle and was taken by the "Fish" philosophy and wanted us to adopt it in our daily lives.

The "Fish" philosophy, which for a long time became the practice of many business, was the creation of John Christensen, after watching the fishmongers working at Pike Place Market. The fishmongers' enthusiasm and the commitment they shared during their work hours, bringing in lots of crowds and sales, became the backgroound for this philosophy.

There are four pirnciples to the "Fish" philosophy:

1) Choose your attitude

2) Be present

3) Play

4) Make their day

It was not a hard practice to adopt, and one that I practice to this day. 

Needless to say, Pike Place Market became one of the must see destitnations for me.



I weaved in and out of the covered area of the market. Hence, the view of the outside as well as the inside of the market are in this post.







Talk about sheer luck!

Met this German lady selling my favorite spice; Saffron. She and her Iranian husband started Saffon farming in the Eastern Washington area eight years ago and their business is booming.

Naturally, I had to not only buy some but take a photo of her.


Below is the tallest Ferris wheel on the West Coast of the United States. Built June of 2012.




















Who is this handsome guy behind those Foster Grants? 😉









This market was truly to die for. I could spend hours savouring the displays with my eyes as well as my mouth. 

Because of the fact that it was such a huge place, I ended up taking a whole bunch of photos. Therefor, I will dedicate two posts just to Pike Place Market. 😉


 

12 comments:

  1. So glad you got time to spend there - we didn't, on either end of our trip, and I was sad about that since it had been over 30 years since I had been to Seattle. Excellent tour and photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. John keep the memories from 30 years going (if they were good) because what I saw was not something I would want to experience again. The city did not impress me at all.

      Delete
  2. Wow!! Great pictures!! Love this Pike Market!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gethin, they actually do have a an Fb and Insta....thanks for leading me that way 😉

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another Fantastic set of the market well done Love all the captures Camellia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Tom. It's not difficult to capture the beauty of the displays and the people in this area 😉

      Delete
  5. Nice snaps again. Brings back a few memories from 2019. We didn't do the markets but I remember the ferris wheel and a long walk along the seafront up to about Pier 66.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comments, sorry for the delay in response. 2009 is a long time ago, looks like you might need another trip to the States soon 😊

      Delete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are so much fun to look at. We've always wandered through the Market on our trips to Seattle (3 trips, I think). We always buy something there, but have never bought a monk fish! (Never will!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They had the monkfish tied to a string and when people walked by they would pull the string to make it move. Some little boy walked by and was about to touch the head, when they pulled the string. Scarred the hell out of the kid, probably scared him for life and he too will never buy a monk fish.😊

      Delete

Followers