Sunday, September 18, 2022

Portrait of A Stranger Week 37

 Portrait photography is not my "cup of tea". The aim of portrait photography is to capture the essence/personality/emotions of a subject, but I find it to be too "posed" and not a true take. 

In my opinion candid photography comes much closer to capturing the spirit because the subject is not aware of the camera. 

Thus, candid is what I go for most of the time. 


But, in the photo below, the gentleman's head gear caught my eye and so I asked him if I could take his picture. 

He obliged.


 


5 comments:

  1. I never have the guts to ask, although often see someone who would be a great subject.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a once ina blue moon occasion where I can ask, most times, if they look at me when I am sneaking a shot I freeze even.

      Delete
  2. The kids who asked me to take their pics in the little park awhile back turned out to be criminals - well, one had an ankle monitor and was carrying a stolen phone (I turned him in). So much for "willing subjects". Goes to show criminals are morons. Hey, why do you hate me? I'm not getting notifications of postings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear you, had many many of these students and to be honest and I am not missing that part of my life. As to the notifications...I have not touched anything at all and coincidently, this is the same thing I was complaining to Gethin on his site (which is totally different than this place) no notifications. So I don't know what the deal is and don't know if the "internet gods' are just plain messing with our heads. Bottom line I definetly don's hate you and love the fact that you leave me comments, because Iike to respond and very few leave a comments hence I can't respond. All this having been said ...let me know if you are notified of this repsonse.

      Delete
  3. Got it - just joking about the "she hates me"; that's why I just try to remember to check in. I now get Gethin's notices, though, so that's wierd. Who knows?

    ReplyDelete

Followers