Wednesday, March 1, 2023

Sundays In Stuart 2023 (part 2)

Continuing my Sundays in Stuart post with part two of my activities. 

If you have not seen part one here's the link.

Occasionally there will be an art fair going on as well. 

Talented people selling their ware.

This particular Sunday there was the MartinArts' Art Fest in Gazebo Park.

" The Arts Fest is  a beloved Treasured Coast tradition that spans more than three decades! A jurried artbfestival with submissions from across the country featuring paintings, drawings, mixed media, photography, ceramics, wood, sculpture, and jewelry, executed by artists who are selected because of execllence in workmanship, originality, and artistic conception."












  My favorite and the most original in my opinion was Suzabelle Vintage Book Purses.

Each purse was made from a hard cover book (pages removed) sewn together with material. 

Here's her site in case you are intersted. 


And of course this is where I also met Peter Robinson Smith, the very talented mesh wire artist from New York.

His site is worth a visit to see how he creates his art.


 

 

4 comments:

  1. Love the people pics, as always. The book purses are pretty cool, but the wire mesh art is crazy! Astounding work - makes my hands hurt!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The purses are different, albeit not somethig I would carry (not my style). And yes the mesh wire is quite unique and no doubt arthritis fingers/hands are the result.

      Delete
  2. My Sundays in Stuart are starting to look like your odds and sods...so many photo of this and that 😊

    ReplyDelete

Followers