Tuesday, March 29, 2022

The Osprey Nest

 

In my last post , found here, I mentioned looking for the nest of the osprey. 

The osprey that hovered around our condo on a regular basis.

 

I had seen his flight path and sort of had an idea of where the nest might be.


Searching I went and found the nest way high, high above a telephone pole.

I noticed that there were actually two of them sharing the nest.


My goal now was to try and capture their face rather than their derrier.

Therefor,  I waited patiently.

 

And finally one of them looked down at me. 
 

 Mission accomplished.

 

2 comments:

  1. Great shots. These magnificent birds were almost extinct in the UK (I believe they were down to one breeding pair in Scotland) but thankfully now and making a comeback.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow I didn't know that they were extinct in Scotland, but glad they are making a comeback. As you said they are magnificent looking birds.

      Delete

Followers