Thursday, October 20, 2022

Victoria, British Columbia

  The distance between the Port of Skagway to Victoria Harbor is 1682 miles. Which means at the speed we were cruising, we'd be at sea for almost a day and half.

Therefore, I took quite a few photos of blue on blue as my buddy John D. would say. 😊

We arrived at the port in Victoria at 5:30 in the afternoon. The sun was shinning and no sign of rain which made it a perfect afternoon to roam around and click.

 According to Google there were tons of places to take photos of.....

"Victoria, capital of British Columbia, sits on the craggy southern end of Vancouver Island. With abundant parkland, it’s known for outdoor activities. The city's British colonial past shows in its Victorian architecture, including stately Craigdarroch Castle mansion. Butchart Gardens, with 55 acres of vivid floral displays, plus statuary, water features and a carousel, is one of many formal gardens in the city."






And no doubt after reading the above description, you, the viewer, are looking to see some photos of the Victorian architecture or the Craigdarroch Castle mansion. 





 But, instead you are getting more of the blue on blue with a sprinkle of humans and objects.

 The reason being..... I chose not to leave the ship.


And the reason behind that decison is what you see below.






 We arrived at the same time as the Royal Carribean cruise ship, which meant we would all be queiung to get through the "gates" at the same time. And since our ship would only be at port until 11:30 p.m., I decided to remain on board and shoot what was within my sight.



Window washers on the Royal Carribean kept me entertained for a while, as did some of the passengers.






 The distant view of the mountains and the city kept me entertained as well.




I could not figure out what they were on strike for, but they sure wanted us to know.




After six hours at this particular port, we set sail again.......

Destination............

..........Seattle

Yes, you guessed it.....a full circle and back to where we started. 

 

  








 













4 comments:

  1. Ah, the blue - mesmerizing, isn't it? I loved the first three as you were coming in. I understand staying on the ship - if we had landed, I would have had just 5 hours on shore, a rather hectic excursion, at best. And it is great fun people watching. Also, drinks are available. What more could you want!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly, no fun in rushing through some place just for the rush. I think that is one of the disatvanges of being on a cruise, the amount of time spent on land is minimal.

      Delete
  2. It must have been frustrating being so close and not able to visit. 6 hours isn't very long that you want to spend half of it queuing. At least you kept clicking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know it is a disease with me...I click until I can't click and then I click again 😁

      Delete

Followers