Friday, March 1, 2024

The Drop and The Fail

I am walking down Flagler Avenue and minding my own business, when suddenly out of the corner of my eye I spot this thing flying down, scooping something, and then flying up. 

I follow the up motion and aim my camera.

This thing lands and I shoot.

Of course, as you probably guessed from the above photo, I am not carrying my big boy. Hence, at 120 mm the only way I could zoom closer was to switch the camera from a full frame to a cropped.

And even so, this is as close as I could get.

I am squinting, aiming, and as to be expected, walking a little faster in order to get closer to the phone pole, when suddenly.......

Needless to say, in my excitment and haste in trying to quickly focus....I  miss a great shot. 

Whatever that thing had caught, was now on the ground while he was still perched on the pole looking down.

Two more clicks, because clicks are cheap and fun....


And then just like that the thing was gone, with me nowhere closer to him than before.


By the way, in case you were wondering National Geographic called my husband and said not to bother sending these photos in. 🙃😉





0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers