Sunday, February 13, 2022

Depth of Field Week 6

 

Essentially, depth of field is the point or "plane" in the photograph that is in focus. Everything BEHIND that point, or IN FRONT of that point will be blurred.
 Depth Of Field doesn't depend on aperture (f-number) alone. These 3 things combined will have an impact on the depth of field:
  1. The aperture of your camera (f-number setting)
  2. The distance from the subject to the camera
  3. The focal length of the lens on your camera.




 

3 comments:

  1. Thank you Chuck. I appreciate you taking the time to look and your comments :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It took me years to get to grips with depth of field. The physics never made sense to me. Eventually I gave up on the physics and just learned what settings I needed to get the effect I wanted. Like I know how to record a TV show on the hard drive without knowing how any of it works. I think the mistake people make is getting hung up on the physics.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You sadi it!!!! I am so done with all these "professional" photographer posting tutorials about the steps one needs to take for the "perfect" photo. In my opinion, the perfect photo is the one that looks good to me 😊

      Delete

Followers