Sunday, February 27, 2022

Rule of Thirds Week 8

 

"The Rule Of Thirds  - one of the earliest photo composition techniques that an aspiring photographer comes across in their photo journey."


 "The thinking is that having the emphasis of the image at the thirds looks better than a straight-on composition in many cases. When you keep your primary subject framed by the Rule Of Thirds, it’s like you are creating a roadmap for your image, guiding the viewer’s eye to the subject and creating a better visual story."


 

4 comments:

  1. Nice! Is that what a rose looks like outside of the supermarket? Wow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 😄😄 Apparently, it does. This is one of the rose bushes my dad planted 20+ years ago. My mother's caretaker pointed it out to me...it being the biggest rose he has seen bloom in the past few years. Naturally, clicker had to click :)

      Delete
  2. Roses in February how marvellous. I thumb my nose to rules like this it just reminds me of camera club critiques. The danger is that the rules stifle the creativity. Read about, ingest and then forget is my take. It should come naturally.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've had this conversation before.....I have become more and more a point and click person with an occarional framing in there. I see it, I click it....the rest can kiss my ..... 😉

      Delete

Followers