Saturday, May 14, 2022

"My Kind of Town" #3

 There is absolutely no doubt that Chicago has an abundance of shapes and forms making up the city. Some are intentionally crafted others just come about because of one being in the right place at the right time.

I have traveled and will continue to travel to Chicago multiple times therefore, will continue to click away because there is no end to what one's eyes/camera sees.



























I thought about writing what I actually saw and brought me to clicking away, but then I realized I'd be tainting your view. Almost like watching a movie and then reading a book about the same subject. Your mind no longer creates the images from the words inscripted, instead you see the visuals from the movie, which are no longer yours.

4 comments:

  1. Love the first 3 for starters. The first one has a sort of Steam Punk quality. The subway entrance both inviting and menacing with the chains on the gate, and the drama unfolding in the Seagull chase. The pink office waiting for something to happen, maybe Edward Scissorhands will appear? Chicago and the icing sugar building, I want to break a piece off to check the flavour, salted caramel probably. These are light years away from your early Chicago stuff. Looking forward to the rest. (and that is not to demean your early stuff in any way)😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Gethin. If they are light years away, then I owe it to your "eyesight". When you travel up there as many times as I have, you are bound to find a new way of clicking 😉

    ReplyDelete

Followers