Monday, May 9, 2022

"My Kind of Town"

 The title of this post and many to follow should be a clue as to which town I am referring to. This "little" town has more nicknames than any town I know of and each referring to it's "accomplishments"

I never, ever get tired of visiting this area of the mid-west. So much to see and so much to do.

Sometimes I travel the same paths as previous trips and other times I look for new locations. But inevitably I walk around 10-12 miles a day on each of my visiting days and make sure I click as much as I can.

On the first day of this particular trip I chose to go to a new location. This time to the South Loop neighborhood and look for things to shoot.

Here's a start to the day's clicks.





















7 comments:

  1. What fun! I really enjoy when you, and others, take excursions like this. Makes me feel as though I'm walking right along with you. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you John. I love walking around this town(city).

      Delete
  2. Really like these. Some nice colour pops in with the grey city. I particularly like the sneak peaks between buildings and the railway shots. The one with the British flag is great composition. That building with the blue and yellow covering, I want to be closer in, there would be some good abstracts there. Christo has a lot to answer for.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok here's where the difference between Americans and Brits (video) comes to play....."Christo has a lot to answer for" zoomed over my head. dare to explain 😉

    ReplyDelete
  4. This should explain the Christo reference re. the wrapped building. https://galeriemagazine.com/8-iconic-artworks-christo-legacy/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I see the connection now with the wrapped building.

      Delete

Followers